PT 809

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
      This page mentions a PT boat maintained by the "Naval Administrative
      Unit" to whisk Eisenhower down the Potomac river in a nuclear attack.

      http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/young2.html

      This was apparently PT 809, AKA Guardian,which was also used as an
      escort(Secret Service Protective Craft) for the Presidential yacht.
      I'd guess some of the comms from the Oak Grove tower were used by this
      craft as well as the Sequoia.(see post #5476)

      http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/pl-usa/pl-dc/wny/wny-oa-o.htm
      (see 3rd paragraph, & photo KN19277)

      http://home.rose.net/~dingdong/Yachts/Yachts4.html
      (the home page has much on Camp David)
    • dsss_communications
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2003
        --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "ozob99" <ozob99@y...> wrote:
        > This page mentions a PT boat maintained by the "Naval
        Administrative
        > Unit" to whisk Eisenhower down the Potomac river in a nuclear
        attack.

        ...etc., etc., etc......

        Very interesting reading on the Eisenhower/US Government survival
        plan!

        While not trying to perpetuate ancillary discussions on non-
        communications-related topics, this struck me as a modern-day method
        of assisting survival from a similar government action:

        ViewItem&item=2417572314