Re: AT&T Special Government Services, Colorado Springs area

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
      Kevin,

      There are a few of us on the list who enjoy studying the GWEN. My own
      research is from the real property perspective; others are into the
      technical workings of the system.

      Just tonight I added a GWEN relay-node site listing to my web page:

      http://www.airforcebase.net/usaf/GWEN_list.html

      I've visited 14 of the sites (so far), and photos are available in my
      trip reports. Search for GWEN in my Trip Reports Alpha List:

      http://www.airforcebase.net/trips/alpha.html

      Cheers,
      Scott Murdock
      www.airforcebase.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 5, 2003
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2003
          >Interesting. I'd guess the Contel tech was with Contel Federal Systems,
          >which I think had a contract to build and/or maintain the stations.
          >
          >Albert

          I recall at least on occasion olive drab/camo colored military multipurpose
          engineering type trucks at the gate to the Beantown site, so I assume at
          least some maintenance was done by military. What unit would have been
          responsible for this?