AT&T Atlanta

  • CLDWARHIST@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8, 1999
      Went to the Urban AT&T Site to mope around today...Its quite impressive. The
      microwave dishes (and 2 satellite dishes) are located higher then ive ever
      seen, because of the skyscrapers (otherwise its a very small building).
      Security is also tight, with video cameras all over the place, gated parking,
      and things hanging outside of the building that can best be described as
      little black balls about 1 1/2 feet diameter, made of plastic? They are
      somewhat transparent and I did not see any cameras inside. Interestingly,
      Bell South has a office adjacent to the AT&T facility and the two are
      protected by the same fence and appear to be connected to each other? I got
      a few pictures and I'll have them developed soon

      George
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 8, 1999
        George,

        Thanks for the description. Is this the facility which has a microwave
        link going NNE to Sawnee Mountain?

        Tight security seems to be the norm at AT&T and regional Bell buildings.
        I think the black balls you saw are CCTV camera housings. Check out:

        http://www.sensormatic-products.com/ADDeltaOutdoor/index.htm

        ...Albert
      • CLDWARHIST@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8, 1999
          ALaFrance@... writes:

          << Thanks for the description. Is this the facility which has a microwave
          link going NNE to Sawnee Mountain? >>
          Thats correct..also pointing roughly to the southeast and southwest (didnt
          have a copmass and the security guard in the parking lot was looking at me).
          Oh well im thinkin bout dressin up in a suit sometime soon and goin to take a
          visit to the Center...ill have to sign the guest book and give my ID
          (according to the sign outside the building) but oh well...maybe I should
          sign "Serbian Spy"?

          George
        • Matthew Sadler, KF4LHP
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 10, 1999
            CLDWARHIST@... wrote:

            > From: CLDWARHIST@...
            >
            > Went to the Urban AT&T Site to mope around today...Its quite impressive. The
            > microwave dishes (and 2 satellite dishes) are located higher then ive ever
            > seen, because of the skyscrapers (otherwise its a very small building).
            > Security is also tight, with video cameras all over the place, gated parking,
            > and things hanging outside of the building that can best be described as
            > little black balls about 1 1/2 feet diameter, made of plastic? They are
            > somewhat transparent and I did not see any cameras inside. Interestingly,
            > Bell South has a office adjacent to the AT&T facility and the two are
            > protected by the same fence and appear to be connected to each other? I got
            > a few pictures and I'll have them developed soon

            Look forward to seeing the pictures.

            Got an address or anything like that? I'll see what I can dig up on
            microwave licenses to see where the paths go.
            --
            Matthew, KF4LHP ICQ: 6280641
            Web: http://www.qsl.net/kf4lhp/ EMail: kf4lhp@...
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 10, 1999
              In a message dated 4/10/99 4:50:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kf4lhp@...
              writes:

              << Got an address or anything like that? I'll see what I can dig up on
              microwave licenses to see where the paths go. >>
              Stupid me didnt copy the address written in nice big letters on the building
              but I have this address from Albert LaFrance:
              AT&T COMMUNICATIONS OF VIRGINIA INC
              PAMELA D CHEEKS
              1200 PEACHTREE ST
              ATLANTA, GA 30309