Re: Long Lines Maintenance Radio

    Message 1 of 19 , May 27, 2003
      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, Sam Etler <etler@c...> wrote:
      > > AT&T leased many aircraft, as well as owning a few themselfs. In
      >
      > So this leads to the question, are there any aircraft related BSPs?
      :-)

      > sam

      Not on the a/c but i think there was a region and/or district LL
      addendum to a Plant Protection BSP covering the air patrol & the do's
      & don'ts; & of course the omnipresent letters & instructions
      pertaining to just about everything.I'd like to see some of those
      covering the Exec transport choppers & Corporate jets.
    • blitz
      Message 2 of 19 , May 27, 2003
        Cant resist it....

        "All planes flying on company business will have at least one person on
        board"...... ;)

        Message 3 of 19 , May 27, 2003
          --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, blitz <blitz@m...> wrote:
          > Cant resist it....
          >
          > "All planes flying on company business will have at least one person
          on
          > board"...... ;)

          You must have been staff instruction writer!
        • blitz
          Message 4 of 19 , May 27, 2003
            No, actually that comes from a friend of mine who owns a tugboat company in
            Canada..
            At the exit from his boat yard, theres a BIG sign that says "Company policy
            mandates all vessels leaving the yard have at least one person aboard"...

            It seemed like something one would find in a BSP...heh..

            At 02:46 5/28/2003 +0000, you wrote:
            >--- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, blitz <blitz@m...> wrote:
            > > Cant resist it....
            > >
            > > "All planes flying on company business will have at least one person
            >on
            > > board"...... ;)
            > >

            >You must have been staff instruction writer!

          • Christopher Ness
            Message 5 of 19 , May 28, 2003
              On Tuesday 27 May 2003 04:21 pm, Blake Bowers wrote:
              > > I wasn't aware that AT&T had any aircraft. I don't think this has
              > > anything to do with the EF system. The license name and service are
              > > listed as AT&T and IT Telephone Maintenance, respectively.
              >
              > AT&T leased many aircraft, as well as owning a few themselfs. In
              > addition to normal corporate affairs, they also used aircraft for
              > checking cable ROW's, and moving techs in a few situations where
              > time was of the essence.

              As early as 1970 they stationed a leased Bell JetRanger at Conyers. We were
              leasing a Hughes and the leasing agent had to swap one out at Conyers for
              maintenance - so he invited me to go along for the ride. First time I was
              ever aware of Conyers. It was quite a place in the seventies. It's still
              impressive now (as one of two AT&T national maint centers), but just not the
              same.
              --
              Chris Ness
              mailto:cness@... All jobs are equally easy to
              Message 6 of 19 , May 28, 2003
                I knew that they flew over the cable routes, but I didn't
                know if the aircraft was owned by AT&T. I had visions of
                finding a pic of a fixed wing plane with the death star
                logo on the side...

                Brad Cobo
              • blitz
                Message 7 of 19 , May 28, 2003
                  Use the phone luke....heh..

                  Message 8 of 19 , May 28, 2003
                    Technicians at both the Dranesville, VA and Monrovia, MD underground main
                    stations told me that cable-patrol helicopters often operated from those
                    stations. In fact, the last time I was at Dranesville, the metal framework
                    of a wind cone could still be seen attached to one of the emergency-exit
                    structures.