Re: Bell Labs Record article

  • Matthew Sadler, KF4LHP
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5 9:58 PM
      Scott Murdock wrote:

      > From: Scott Murdock <scott-murdock@...>
      >
      > Matthew,
      >
      > Fascinating! I get a blank page for page 332, so I'm still in suspense!
      >
      > Amazing stuff. I wish I knew about this when I visited CM several years
      > back. Heck, even last year I didn't know an L-4 site when I saw one
      > (Lamar).

      Oops! Sorry about that - it's been fixed now.
      --
      Matthew, KF4LHP ICQ: 6280641
      Web: http://www.qsl.net/kf4lhp/ EMail: kf4lhp@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 7 5:55 AM
        Matthew,

        Great article - thanks for posting it. I was particularly interested in
        the "sidewall coupler"; I had always wondered how the radio equipment at
        hardened microwave sites was protected against blast pressures coming in
        through the waveguides.

        I also liked the picture showing technicians at the antenna site feeding
        waveguide sections into the conduit. BTW, I think William Arkin's book
        "Nuclear Battlefields" has a picture of one of the hardened antennas at
        Cheyenne.

        ...Albert