Re: Bell Labs Record article

  • Scott Murdock
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 1999
      Matthew,

      Fascinating! I get a blank page for page 332, so I'm still in suspense!

      Amazing stuff. I wish I knew about this when I visited CM several years
      back. Heck, even last year I didn't know an L-4 site when I saw one
      (Lamar).

      Scott
    • Matthew Sadler, KF4LHP
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 1999
        Scott Murdock wrote:

        > From: Scott Murdock <scott-murdock@...>
        >
        > Matthew,
        >
        > Fascinating! I get a blank page for page 332, so I'm still in suspense!
        >
        > Amazing stuff. I wish I knew about this when I visited CM several years
        > back. Heck, even last year I didn't know an L-4 site when I saw one
        > (Lamar).

        Oops! Sorry about that - it's been fixed now.
        --
        Matthew, KF4LHP ICQ: 6280641
        Web: http://www.qsl.net/kf4lhp/ EMail: kf4lhp@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 7, 1999
          Matthew,

          Great article - thanks for posting it. I was particularly interested in
          the "sidewall coupler"; I had always wondered how the radio equipment at
          hardened microwave sites was protected against blast pressures coming in
          through the waveguides.

          I also liked the picture showing technicians at the antenna site feeding
          waveguide sections into the conduit. BTW, I think William Arkin's book
          "Nuclear Battlefields" has a picture of one of the hardened antennas at
          Cheyenne.

          ...Albert