AT&T tower down

  • truenorthservices
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2003
      The AT&T tower 4 miles WSW of West, Tx was downed by a tornado
      several months ago. I had heard second hand that something had
      happened to it, and stopped by this past weekend. The tornado dropped
      down, hit the tower and a line of trees, and then went back up, not
      hitting anything else. The owner informed me that a tornado had come
      within 100 feet of this tower perhaps ten years ago, barely missing
      this same tower, and taking out another line of trees. The picture is
      labeled Mvc-11. The tower appeared to be handling only 6GHZ traffic,
      and had a small, 300sf building.
      Tony