Re: Fwd: AUTOVON / DSN Switching Centers

  • Mark Foster
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 1999
      At 04:33 PM 9/8/99 -0400, you wrote:
      >Not sure how accurate this is...
      >From: Combatsent@...
      >Full-name: Combatsent
      >Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 16:31:17 EDT
      >Subject: AUTOVON / DSN Switching Centers
      >HEY!!!!!
      >
      >I think that I have a map now of the GEP's being used.
      >Check out this attached map.
      >
      >Bill

      I think you sent the wrong map.

      This one looks like an outdated AUTOVON switching center map.

      If it is a GEP map which sites have GEPs?
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 1999
        BTW, the "DCTN" mentioned at the bottom of the map stands for "Defense
        Commercial Telecommunications Network". The contract was held by AT&T, and
        I believe the Dranesville, VA bunker was the primary technical control
        center for the system.

        ...Albert
      • Ryan C Blake
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 10, 1999
          BTW: We basic Juno cheapskates can't send or receive file attatchments,
          either.

          :(

          Ryan