Fwd: AUTOVON / DSN Switching Centers

  • CLDWARHIST@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 1999
      Not sure how accurate this is...
    • Mark Foster
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 1999
        At 04:33 PM 9/8/99 -0400, you wrote:
        >Not sure how accurate this is...
        >From: Combatsent@...
        >Full-name: Combatsent
        >Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 16:31:17 EDT
        >Subject: AUTOVON / DSN Switching Centers
        >HEY!!!!!
        >
        >I think that I have a map now of the GEP's being used.
        >Check out this attached map.
        >
        >Bill

        I think you sent the wrong map.

        This one looks like an outdated AUTOVON switching center map.

        If it is a GEP map which sites have GEPs?
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 8, 1999
          BTW, the "DCTN" mentioned at the bottom of the map stands for "Defense
          Commercial Telecommunications Network". The contract was held by AT&T, and
          I believe the Dranesville, VA bunker was the primary technical control
          center for the system.

          ...Albert
        • Ryan C Blake
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 10, 1999
            BTW: We basic Juno cheapskates can't send or receive file attatchments,
            either.

            :(

            Ryan