Re: Possible L-1 repeater site?

  • Matthew Sadler, KF4LHP
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5 9:44 AM
      Mark Foster wrote:

      > From: Mark Foster <mfoster@...>
      >
      > Are there any indications of L carrier leading to or from the building?
      >
      > At 08:40 PM 4/4/99 -0500, Matthew Sadler, KF4LHP wrote:
      > >Attached is a picture of an abandoned building located north of
      > >Chattanooga, TN. This site has been abandoned for at least a few
      > >years... I know it wasn't used for water/sewer purposes in the past, so
      > >I'm thinking this may have been used on the L-1 route from Chattanooga
      > >to Knoxville (or for some other long distance or local telephone
      > >service).

      Didn't see any cable markers or anything, but I know that AT&T cut down
      the cable markers along the portion of the route that I am familiar
      with, so that doesn't help much... just some local telco underground
      boxes and such, but they appear to be new work.

      --
      Matthew, KF4LHP ICQ: 6280641
      Web: http://www.qsl.net/kf4lhp/ EMail: kf4lhp@...