re: Re: Enemy radar in DC?

  • GRAHAM TAYLOR
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 1999
      Graham Taylor writes:
      Yes, as in 'Die Hard3' (or was it the second one?). Much more likely!

      I wonder if 'New York's Finest' would have noticed a complete SPOON REST
      mobile radar set-up, complete with Spesnatz SF comms operatives en route to
      Washington D.C? I suppose they could have been smuggled to Cuba on Kon Tiki
      disguised as a Carribbian steel band (microwave drums, you see!), then
      Amtrack/UPSed to the east coast. As a cover story they could have claimed
      to have been a Salvation Army television news crew (now that would confuse
      both the Capitol police and the FCC!). Who wants the film rights?

      But seriously, the Mode2/3 IFF/SSR hack/track idea sounds almost

      >A more likely scenario, in my opinion, would involve the penetration
      of FAA radar data computer links by a determined hacker or sigint
      operation, and the obtaining of the data that way.

      Mike Jacobs, N3YAV<