Re: Digest Number 117

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 1999
      >LIVED IN PG COUNTY & ALMOST LIVED IN OXEN HILL. GREENBELT THE PLACE
      >WHERE THE SIGNALS GOING; 100% DEDICATED N.A.S.A.

      There is an AT&T microwave station in Greenbelt. It's on the grounds of
      the Goddard Space Flight Center, so it probably is dedicated to NASA. But
      the horns on the Oxon Hill tower don't point in that direction.

      >-NEXT TO VIENNA, IN
      >FAIRFAX CITY LIMIT THERES' 40 FOOT MICROWAVE FACILITY FOR "UNIVERSITY"
      >USE. THAT MAY BE YOUR HOTTEST SHOT TO TAKE. LOOK FOR POHICK LANE ON MAP
      >& ASK ANYBODY TO WALK TO SITE ABOUT TWO BLOCKS.S:TSVD M.D.

      Are you suggesting that the tower might have some national-security
      purpose? I found the street on a map (it's on the George Mason University
      campus). I'll have a look and let you know what I find.

      ...Albert LaFrance