Re: [coldwarcomms] Re: Missp. AT&T tower

  • Blake Bowers
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 24, 2002
      Bloomfield MO, and Huntsville AR were both flattened by
      weather.
      I know of two AT&T towers that were flattened by a tornado. One site
      was called Lemont, IL, it was a typical type A2 tower about 25 miles
      SW of Chicago, on a high traffic route between Chicago #2, Chicago
      #6, and Norway, IL. Presumably AT&T had other facilities already in
      place (fiber?), they didn't replace the tower.

      The other one was at Pleasant Lake, IN, in the northeast corner of
      the state. I was told both of these sites were destroyed less than
      24 hours apart by the same storm system, in both cases the result of
      a direct hit by a tornado. This was in the late '80s or early '90s.