Mt. Diablo, CA

  • s92187 <tmichaels@tower-sites.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2002
      I was looking at Wayne Hayes' web site recently, and was saddened to
      see that yet another AT&T microwave site has been demolished, this
      one was at Mt. Diablo. This site was one of the oldest microwave
      repeaters, it was originally part of a 380 mile long route between
      San Francisco and Los Angeles that became operational September 15,
      1950. Wayne noted that he didn't have much in the way of good photos
      of this site. I did a Google search and found the following link
      that details how and when the station was demolished, there is also
      a good photo of the tower before it was dismantled.

      http://www.savemountdiablo.org/Features.htm

      Wayne mentioned in an email to me that the AT&T site at Boucher Hill
      in San Diego is also now gone.

      Terry Michaels