RE: [coldwarcomms] Digest Number 1048 - WAWS

  • Jim Innes
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2002
      Just for the record, I was once told by the late Frank Konczal, a 30 yr.
      WUTCO veteran technician/field engineer who was based our of Tenley Tower
      for many years, that the Washington Area Wideband System was the first ring
      architecture protected wideband data (& probably voice) network that was
      ever deployed. Frank passed away earlier this year. He worked on every
      Washington area transmission path and system that was deployed by WU in
      DC/MD/VA/WVA vicinity.

      Jim Innes