Re: [coldwarcomms] Organizing

  • Black Max
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 6, 2002
      I think a more broad catch-all would be Cold War
      Infrastructure...
      Regards,
      Jason Swift
      KE4KYY

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • mwj116@psu.edu
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 6, 2002
        My opinion would be that the organization would focus on the
        specific topics covered here, which would generally be considered
        to be C3 issues...command, control, and communications systems
        related to the cold war. That would include facilities such as Mt
        Weather, other government COG facilities, SAC HQ, the Notch,
        SAGE, etc in addition to the AT&T and WU facilities.

        This way we would avoid inclusion of weapons systems, which are
        well covered by the Nike people, National Atomic Museaum, Chuck
        Hanson, etc. I'd also suggest including the Warning function (which
        might be a C or an I function, depending on how you look at it).

        I think that making contact with the FAS might be useful since they
        include a lot of historical C3 systems on their web site.

        Mike

        Mike Jacobs, N3MJ
        Antenna and RF Engineering Laboratory
        Penn State University