Fort name query

  • Joe Stevens
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 1999
      Ft. Greely was in Kodiak Alaska during WW II. After the war it appeared
      in Delta Junction, Alaska. I received the following question and I don't
      know the answer. Can anyone shed any light on this?

      I have a question for you. How did Ft. Greely get moved from Kodiak to Delta
      Junction. I have been to both sites but never have known the the history of
      the move or why the name moved. Usually a fort name stays at the location
      where first utilized. In this case, one location closed, and another location
      opened, same name.

      ...Joe Stevens
      Kodiak, Alaska