Re: [coldwarcomms] Re: brief trip report - San Mateo/Santa Clara counties, Ca

  • Wayne M H
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 8, 2002
      On Tue, 8 Oct 2002 00:49:17 -0400, "Albert LaFrance"
      <albertjlafrance@...> wrote:

      >And a further irony is that AT&T is (or was, as of early last year) offering
      >tower space at Charlottesville 2, according to a spreadsheet on the AT&T
      >Tower Group's web site which lists the AT&T-owned towers available for
      >lease:
      >
      >http://www.att.com/tower/info/towerdata.xls
      >
      >I don't have Excel and the file comes up password-protected on Quattro Pro,
      >so I'm relying on the Feb. 2001 version which another researcher converted
      >to text for me. In that version, the entry for Charlotesville 2 has the
      >notation "(Restricted Site-Gov't)".
      >CHARLOTTESVILLE (Restricted Site- Gov't)

      Great link Albert! Thanks. But, that Excel file still lists
      Charlottesville as you have it mentioned above.

      Regarding Mount Diablo, I think it was a shame to remove it
      considering its age, history, and its past importance (I was a year
      too late to get pictures and inside). I was just there a few months
      ago and they haven't bothered to plant anything in the open dirt. It's
      just this large open spot of eroded soil. Took me a while to figure it
      out as the Navy has a tower that looked like it once hosted horns
      directly above where AT&T used to be.

      http://teiren.home.attbi.com/images/Diablo_01.jpg
      http://teiren.home.attbi.com/images/Diablo_02.jpg
      http://teiren.home.attbi.com/images/Diablo_03.jpg