Re: [coldwarcomms] Re: Antenna xls file

  • PJH
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 7, 2002
      I guess Chatham NC is no longer on the "black" list as it is listed in that excel file... :)

    • Wayne M H
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 8, 2002
        On Tue, 8 Oct 2002 00:49:17 -0400, "Albert LaFrance"
        <albertjlafrance@...> wrote:

        >And a further irony is that AT&T is (or was, as of early last year) offering
        >tower space at Charlottesville 2, according to a spreadsheet on the AT&T
        >Tower Group's web site which lists the AT&T-owned towers available for
        >lease:
        >
        >http://www.att.com/tower/info/towerdata.xls
        >
        >I don't have Excel and the file comes up password-protected on Quattro Pro,
        >so I'm relying on the Feb. 2001 version which another researcher converted
        >to text for me. In that version, the entry for Charlotesville 2 has the
        >notation "(Restricted Site-Gov't)".
        >CHARLOTTESVILLE (Restricted Site- Gov't)

        Great link Albert! Thanks. But, that Excel file still lists
        Charlottesville as you have it mentioned above.

        Regarding Mount Diablo, I think it was a shame to remove it
        considering its age, history, and its past importance (I was a year
        too late to get pictures and inside). I was just there a few months
        ago and they haven't bothered to plant anything in the open dirt. It's
        just this large open spot of eroded soil. Took me a while to figure it
        out as the Navy has a tower that looked like it once hosted horns
        directly above where AT&T used to be.

        http://teiren.home.attbi.com/images/Diablo_01.jpg
        http://teiren.home.attbi.com/images/Diablo_02.jpg
        http://teiren.home.attbi.com/images/Diablo_03.jpg