Site near Kingston, NY

  • Jim Innes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2002
      The site is definitely Kingston/Halihan Hill. It was a large mainly MW main
      station, with some L-carrier interconnecting a downtown CO with this site.
      No comm equipment inside except for a couple of old L-3 (I think) repeaters.
      Inside is laid out differently from a lot of above ground main stations that
      I have seen. There are two stories, and some side rooms, including a
      dedicated L-carrier room. The A/C mechanicals are stacked up in a wing off
      of the rear in a large steel frame. Features a very cool fallout/bomb
      shelter room in the basement with a small seal up control/monitoring panel
      and a ventilation fan that works either by hand or electric motor power.

      In its hey day, there was lots of traffic through the site, including some
      video.

      Rosendale is 5-7 mi away as I recall.

      Jim I