Re: [coldwarcomms] Passive Repeaters in N.E.?

  • long-lines@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2002
      I am not aware of any AT&T Long Lines routes that far
      north in NH. Bell very well may have put something in
      the last 20 years (post divestiture) of a short haul
      nature, I don't know.

      However AT&T did build a microwave shot to Burlington VT
      over 40 years ago in support of WCAX TV using
      reflectors. I believe this was a TV only route with one
      terminal at WCAX. I know of at least three repeater
      sites S of Burlington VT that had guyed towers with
      reflector panels for ground-based parabolics that
      supported this route.

      See:

      American Tower site number 88340 (and 88343)
      http://www.americantower.com/OASISPublic/SiteSearchADO/de
      fault.asp
      http://www.americantower.com/OASISPublic/SitePublicPagesA
      DO/SiteBrochure.asp?lngSiteID=732

      These sites (and the Bristol site which was sold to a
      CATV co.) can been seen on:
      http://www19.addr.com/~longline/
      places-routes/maps/MW6610-E-1.jpg

      Chad Perkins