Warning

  • gradvmedusa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2002
      USFA Warns Against Overseas E-Mail Inquiries

      The CIPC recently learned that fire and/or EMS departments on the East Coast
      have received electronic mail from foreign universities requesting
      information about how their department is organized, trained, and equipped.
      The individuals are also asking for the identification or locations of major
      response routes.

      Such contacts by anyone who does NOT have "the need to know" should be
      considered highly suspicious and potentially dangerous. However, before
      hastily deleting the message, departments are urged to immediately send a
      facsimile of the correspondence to the National Infrastructure Protection
      Center (NIPC) at: 202-323-2079.

      NIPC also welcomes e-mail to: <A HREF="mailto:nipc.watch@...">nipc.watch@...</A>. Alternatively, contact the
      local FBI office (<A HREF="http://www.fbi.gov/contact/fo/fo.htm">www.fbi.gov/contact/fo/fo.htm</A>). When communicating with the

      FBI, always ask for further directions regarding the proper disposition of
      the suspicious message.

      Only with the knowledge and evidence of these messages can the FBI Terrorism
      Task Force efficiently investigate whether or not the message senders have
      treacherous intentions.

      America's adversaries continue to aggressively collect information about the
      plans, training, and operations of national, state, and local critical
      infrastructures. Websurfing, electronic mail, and telephone calls are the
      most common methods they employ to conduct "sensitive information mining."

      Therefore, all emergency first responders must be alerted to guard against
      unauthorized data collection and quickly report it when it occurs. Failure to

      prevent unsanctioned information sharing could unintentionally assist the
      criminal activities of those who desire to harm our nation.

      P.S. I know this doesn't pertain Directly to our discussion, but we do talk
      about potential targets.