GTE microwave usage

  • Matthew Sadler, KF4LHP
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 1999
      Does anyone have any info on microwave sites that would have been built
      by and for GTE? The Cookeville area has several that I've got pics of
      (two so far, maybe two more this weekend).

      Also, got an email from a retired senior field engineer for MCI. He says
      that they still maintain and use a 4 GHz digital microwave system
      between Knoxville, TN and Atlanta, GA. He noted that this path was
      originally 6 GHz FM, then 6 GHz SSB, but has been moved to 4 GHz (no
      reason given for the frequency change, but both FM and SSB are obsolete
      as far as the telco industry is concerned).
      --
      Matthew, KF4LHP ICQ: 6280641
      Web: http://www.qsl.net/kf4lhp/ EMail: kf4lhp@...