Re: Field Trip Report - Monticello, GA, AT&T

  • Dave Emery
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20, 1999
      On Sat, Mar 20, 1999 at 09:47:05PM -0500, John Warne wrote:

      > Stanfield, NC, is about 30 miles East of Charlotte on what looks to be a
      > small country road (fits the profile), but is also some 230 miles or so
      > from Monticello, GA (more than the +/- 150 miles).
      >
      > Anybody know the area or have coordinates?

      No coordinates immediately available, there is bunker
      there and a standard microwave tower but the facility is just
      used for storage or similar functions as of 1995 or so. It was
      a very similar site to what you describe when it was active.

      --
      Dave Emery N1PRE, die@... DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass.
      PGP fingerprint = 2047/4D7B08D1 DE 6E E1 CC 1F 1D 96 E2 5D 27 BD B0 24 88 C3 18