Wire pairs in L-carrier cables

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2002
      In a collection of documents from a former AT&T microwave station, I found
      one page of a list of the circuit assignments for the wire pairs in the
      Finland, PA - Ft. Washington, PA coaxial cable. Several of the assignments
      refer to various types of order-wire circuits, as described in message #2857
      (12/27/2001).

      (COC) Ft Wash - Finld R and Finld R - Ft Wash
      (LOC) Ft Wash - Finld R and Finld R - Ft Wash
      (L4OC) Ft Wash - Finld R and Finld R - Ft Wash
      (XOC) Ft Wash - Finld R and Finld R - Ft Wash

      Also:

      two pairs for gas pressure alarms;

      one pair each for for TDAS 1 TRS and RCV to Hamilton Square. TDAS is TD
      Automatic Switch, the protection switching system for the TD-2 microwave
      radio system.

      One pair each for E-2 TRS and RVC to Hamilton Square. I believe E-2 is a
      later generation of alarm and control system.

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11, 2002
        --- In coldwarcomms@y..., "Albert LaFrance" <albertjlafrance@c...>
        wrote:
        > In a collection of documents from a former AT&T microwave station,
        I found
        > one page of a list of the circuit assignments for the wire pairs in
        the
        > Finland, PA - Ft. Washington, PA coaxial cable. Several of the
        assignments
        > refer to various types of order-wire circuits, as described in
        message #2857
        > (12/27/2001).
        >
        > (COC) Ft Wash - Finld R and Finld R - Ft Wash
        > (LOC) Ft Wash - Finld R and Finld R - Ft Wash
        > (L4OC) Ft Wash - Finld R and Finld R - Ft Wash
        > (XOC) Ft Wash - Finld R and Finld R - Ft Wash
        >
        > Also:
        >
        > two pairs for gas pressure alarms;
        >
        > one pair each for for TDAS 1 TRS and RCV to Hamilton Square. TDAS
        is TD
        > Automatic Switch, the protection switching system for the TD-2
        microwave
        > radio system.
        >
        > One pair each for E-2 TRS and RVC to Hamilton Square. I believe E-
        2 is a
        > later generation of alarm and control system.
        >
        > Albert

        Yes, E2 telemetry,along with SCOTS(Surveillance & Control of
        Transmission Sysytems) replaced the venerable C1 alrm system.