Re: [coldwarcomms] CoG interview, picture

  • siriusss@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 5, 2002
      In a message dated 3/5/2002 4:14:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      albertjlafrance@... writes:

      > I think you're right - that does
      > look like, um, Mount Thunder :)

      Mount Thunder? I thought that was from a book of fiction Seven Days in May.
      did you ever see this site?

      http://www.thule.org/weather.html

    • Goldsmith, Tim
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 6, 2002
        I would have to agree that it is Mount Weather.
        I have a copy of a news videotape (from another network) from the 80's of
        helicopter aerials of the Mount Weather complex. The tape is 20 minutes long
        and detailed and includes all the structures on the summit as well as most
        of the tunnel portals and access road shot with a zoom lens. I have no idea
        how they got permission to shoot the video.

        The shed structure on the right wasn't there on the old tape as I recall but
        I could look at it again and give you an authoritative answer.

        Tim Goldsmith

        Message: 5
        Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 18:59:49 -0000
        From: "allanbourdius" <allanbourdius@...>

        If I had to guess, I'd say that the picture is of a tunnel portal at
        Mt. Weather. It doesn't look like one of the Site R portals at all,
        based on pictures found around the Internet.

        Allan
      • lnmes@uaf.edu
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 6, 2002
          Remember the picture of the Mt. Weather portal in Ted Gup's TIME magazine
          article? I would say it is definitely Mt. Weather inthe NYP pic.
          My personal feeling is that the WP article is somewhat of a disinformation
          piece in the descriptions of outdated computer gear, etc. I cannot imagine
          FEMA slipping too far behind the curve...but then again...it IS FEMA.
          It is pretty clear that the evacuation was a JEEP implementation. And it
          is common knowledge that the Alernate Comand Post WAS officcally activated
          on 9/11.
          Mark Springer
          WL7BCT
        • CLDWARHIST@AOL.COM
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 6, 2002
            In a message dated 3/6/2002 6:33:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            siriusss@... writes:

            > http://www.thule.org/weather.html

            96 relocation shelters? I've sene that number before I think, but whats it
            based on? Also does this include certain cylindrical shaped buildings at LK
            and DC, or what?
            AT&T?

            GEorge

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 6, 2002
              That's right, it was really Mt. Weather I was referring to. The authors of
              Seven Days in May must have had some pretty good inside sources, since when
              that book was published (1962), Mt. Weather was much more secret than it is
              today.

              And thanks for the posting reference to the Mt. Weather article. It clearly
              shows that reasonably accurate reports of a "shadow government" have been
              around for a while.

              > In a message dated 3/5/2002 4:14:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
              > albertjlafrance@... writes:
              >

              > > I think you're right - that does
              > > look like, um, Mount Thunder :)
              > >

              > Mount Thunder? I thought that was from a book of fiction Seven Days in
              May.
              > did you ever see this site?
              >
              > http://www.thule.org/weather.html

            • Rick C.
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 7, 2002
                With you in the group, FoxNews missed the scoop on the undisclosed
                locations?! For shame Tim!

                ;-)

                >I would have to agree that it is Mount Weather.
                >I have a copy of a news videotape (from another network) from the 80's

                >Tim Goldsmith

              • Goldsmith, Tim
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 11, 2002
                  Well, I had good guesses on the locations and I believe elements here "knew"
                  which ones they were but the media has been playing ball and not naming the
                  locations. A friend has folks who live out near Berryville said they saw a
                  lot of chopper activity out their way.

                  The rules I guess are different now.

                  Tim

                  Message: 17

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 11, 2002
                    Tim-
                    Was it just an unwritten rule not to talk about such things, or were
                    you asked explicitly by the gov.? Just curious . . . I look back on the
                    "Casper" incident, and think about how the congressional officials did not
                    ask Ted Gup to hold back his story. . .

                    Rick