Re: CoG interview, picture

  • allanbourdius
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 5, 2002
      If I had to guess, I'd say that the picture is of a tunnel portal at
      Mt. Weather. It doesn't look like one of the Site R portals at all,
      based on pictures found around the Internet.

      Allan

      --- In coldwarcomms@y..., "Rick C." <rickchem@h...> wrote:
      > Well, the inevitable stories on the locations of CoG have
      begun . . . a
      > picture was published in the New York Post!
      > Looks like the non-military one to me!
      > http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/42678.htm
      >
      > Rick
      >

      > > My educated guess, based on the nature of the threat and some
      > >open-source
      > >tidbits about visible measures being taken at the places lead me
      to believe
      > >the two sites in question are the two well-known (to anyone with a
      modicum
      > >of
      > >interest in COG & C3,I) large ones in the region set up in the
      1950s for
      > >just
      > >such a purpose, and not any previously unknown 'black' sites.
      > >
      > > Not to imply the black sites aren't involved, though.
      > >

      > > Tim

      http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.
    • David Lesher
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 5, 2002
        Unnamed Administration sources reported that Albert LaFrance said:

        > Interesting that they have a pop-up vehicle barrier right at the tunnel
        > entrance.

        Yes, it looks to be a Delta barriers. Deltas stand up to large,
        fast vehicles (i.e. lots of 0.5mv^2) quite well.

        Note the sharp corner beforehand. If you limit the v, and thus
        v^2; you can handle even larger m's easily. The SOP is to have
        a choke point/slalom or sharp curve upstream.

      • siriusss@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 5, 2002
          In a message dated 3/5/2002 4:14:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
          albertjlafrance@... writes:

          > I think you're right - that does
          > look like, um, Mount Thunder :)

          Mount Thunder? I thought that was from a book of fiction Seven Days in May.
          did you ever see this site?

          http://www.thule.org/weather.html

        • Goldsmith, Tim
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 6, 2002
            I would have to agree that it is Mount Weather.
            I have a copy of a news videotape (from another network) from the 80's of
            helicopter aerials of the Mount Weather complex. The tape is 20 minutes long
            and detailed and includes all the structures on the summit as well as most
            of the tunnel portals and access road shot with a zoom lens. I have no idea
            how they got permission to shoot the video.

            The shed structure on the right wasn't there on the old tape as I recall but
            I could look at it again and give you an authoritative answer.

            Tim Goldsmith

            Message: 5

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 6, 2002
                Remember the picture of the Mt. Weather portal in Ted Gup's TIME magazine
                article? I would say it is definitely Mt. Weather inthe NYP pic.
                My personal feeling is that the WP article is somewhat of a disinformation
                piece in the descriptions of outdated computer gear, etc. I cannot imagine
                FEMA slipping too far behind the curve...but then again...it IS FEMA.
                It is pretty clear that the evacuation was a JEEP implementation. And it
                is common knowledge that the Alernate Comand Post WAS officcally activated
                on 9/11.
                Mark Springer
                WL7BCT
              • CLDWARHIST@AOL.COM
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 6, 2002
                  In a message dated 3/6/2002 6:33:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                  siriusss@... writes:

                  > http://www.thule.org/weather.html

                  96 relocation shelters? I've sene that number before I think, but whats it
                  based on? Also does this include certain cylindrical shaped buildings at LK
                  and DC, or what?
                  AT&T?

                  GEorge

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 6, 2002
                    That's right, it was really Mt. Weather I was referring to. The authors of
                    Seven Days in May must have had some pretty good inside sources, since when
                    that book was published (1962), Mt. Weather was much more secret than it is
                    today.

                    And thanks for the posting reference to the Mt. Weather article. It clearly
                    shows that reasonably accurate reports of a "shadow government" have been
                    around for a while.

                    > In a message dated 3/5/2002 4:14:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
                    > albertjlafrance@... writes:
                    >

                    > > I think you're right - that does
                    > > look like, um, Mount Thunder :)
                    > >

                    > Mount Thunder? I thought that was from a book of fiction Seven Days in
                    May.
                    > did you ever see this site?
                    >
                    > http://www.thule.org/weather.html

                  • Rick C.
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 7, 2002
                      With you in the group, FoxNews missed the scoop on the undisclosed
                      locations?! For shame Tim!

                      ;-)

                      >I would have to agree that it is Mount Weather.
                      >I have a copy of a news videotape (from another network) from the 80's

                      >Tim Goldsmith

                    • Goldsmith, Tim
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 11, 2002
                        Well, I had good guesses on the locations and I believe elements here "knew"
                        which ones they were but the media has been playing ball and not naming the
                        locations. A friend has folks who live out near Berryville said they saw a
                        lot of chopper activity out their way.

                        The rules I guess are different now.

                        Tim

                        Message: 17

                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 11, 2002
                          Tim-
                          Was it just an unwritten rule not to talk about such things, or were
                          you asked explicitly by the gov.? Just curious . . . I look back on the
                          "Casper" incident, and think about how the congressional officials did not
                          ask Ted Gup to hold back his story. . .

                          Rick