Re: CoG interview, picture

  • allanbourdius
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 5, 2002
      If I had to guess, I'd say that the picture is of a tunnel portal at
      Mt. Weather. It doesn't look like one of the Site R portals at all,
      based on pictures found around the Internet.

      Allan

      http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 5, 2002
        Nice find! It's a remarkably good photo. I think you're right - that does
        look like, um, Mount Thunder :)

        Interesting that they have a pop-up vehicle barrier right at the tunnel
        entrance.

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 5, 2002
          Unnamed Administration sources reported that Albert LaFrance said:

          > Interesting that they have a pop-up vehicle barrier right at the tunnel
          > entrance.

          Yes, it looks to be a Delta barriers. Deltas stand up to large,
          fast vehicles (i.e. lots of 0.5mv^2) quite well.

          Note the sharp corner beforehand. If you limit the v, and thus
          v^2; you can handle even larger m's easily. The SOP is to have
          a choke point/slalom or sharp curve upstream.

        • siriusss@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 5, 2002
            In a message dated 3/5/2002 4:14:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
            albertjlafrance@... writes:

            > I think you're right - that does
            > look like, um, Mount Thunder :)

            Mount Thunder? I thought that was from a book of fiction Seven Days in May.
            did you ever see this site?

            http://www.thule.org/weather.html

          • Goldsmith, Tim
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 6, 2002
              I would have to agree that it is Mount Weather.
              I have a copy of a news videotape (from another network) from the 80's of
              helicopter aerials of the Mount Weather complex. The tape is 20 minutes long
              and detailed and includes all the structures on the summit as well as most
              of the tunnel portals and access road shot with a zoom lens. I have no idea
              how they got permission to shoot the video.

              The shed structure on the right wasn't there on the old tape as I recall but
              I could look at it again and give you an authoritative answer.

              Tim Goldsmith

              Message: 5

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 6, 2002
                  Remember the picture of the Mt. Weather portal in Ted Gup's TIME magazine
                  article? I would say it is definitely Mt. Weather inthe NYP pic.
                  My personal feeling is that the WP article is somewhat of a disinformation
                  piece in the descriptions of outdated computer gear, etc. I cannot imagine
                  FEMA slipping too far behind the curve...but then again...it IS FEMA.
                  It is pretty clear that the evacuation was a JEEP implementation. And it
                  is common knowledge that the Alernate Comand Post WAS officcally activated
                  on 9/11.
                  Mark Springer
                  WL7BCT
                • CLDWARHIST@AOL.COM
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 6, 2002
                    In a message dated 3/6/2002 6:33:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                    siriusss@... writes:

                    > http://www.thule.org/weather.html

                    96 relocation shelters? I've sene that number before I think, but whats it
                    based on? Also does this include certain cylindrical shaped buildings at LK
                    and DC, or what?
                    AT&T?

                    GEorge

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 6, 2002
                      That's right, it was really Mt. Weather I was referring to. The authors of
                      Seven Days in May must have had some pretty good inside sources, since when
                      that book was published (1962), Mt. Weather was much more secret than it is
                      today.

                      And thanks for the posting reference to the Mt. Weather article. It clearly
                      shows that reasonably accurate reports of a "shadow government" have been
                      around for a while.

                      > In a message dated 3/5/2002 4:14:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
                      > albertjlafrance@... writes:
                      >

                      > > I think you're right - that does
                      > > look like, um, Mount Thunder :)
                      > >

                      > Mount Thunder? I thought that was from a book of fiction Seven Days in
                      May.
                      > did you ever see this site?
                      >
                      > http://www.thule.org/weather.html

                    • Rick C.
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 7, 2002
                        With you in the group, FoxNews missed the scoop on the undisclosed
                        locations?! For shame Tim!

                        ;-)

                        >I would have to agree that it is Mount Weather.
                        >I have a copy of a news videotape (from another network) from the 80's

                        >Tim Goldsmith

                      • Goldsmith, Tim
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 11, 2002
                          Well, I had good guesses on the locations and I believe elements here "knew"
                          which ones they were but the media has been playing ball and not naming the
                          locations. A friend has folks who live out near Berryville said they saw a
                          lot of chopper activity out their way.

                          The rules I guess are different now.

                          Tim

                          Message: 17

                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 11, 2002
                            Tim-
                            Was it just an unwritten rule not to talk about such things, or were
                            you asked explicitly by the gov.? Just curious . . . I look back on the
                            "Casper" incident, and think about how the congressional officials did not
                            ask Ted Gup to hold back his story. . .

                            Rick