Re: [coldwarcomms] CoG interview, picture

  • Rick C.
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 4, 2002
      Well, the inevitable stories on the locations of CoG have begun . . . a
      picture was published in the New York Post!
      Looks like the non-military one to me!
      http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/42678.htm

      Rick

      > My educated guess, based on the nature of the threat and some
      >open-source
      >tidbits about visible measures being taken at the places lead me to believe
      >the two sites in question are the two well-known (to anyone with a modicum
      >of
      >interest in COG & C3,I) large ones in the region set up in the 1950s for
      >just
      >such a purpose, and not any previously unknown 'black' sites.
      >
      > Not to imply the black sites aren't involved, though.
      >

      > Tim

    • allanbourdius
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 5, 2002
        If I had to guess, I'd say that the picture is of a tunnel portal at
        Mt. Weather. It doesn't look like one of the Site R portals at all,
        based on pictures found around the Internet.

        Allan

        http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 5, 2002
          Nice find! It's a remarkably good photo. I think you're right - that does
          look like, um, Mount Thunder :)

          Interesting that they have a pop-up vehicle barrier right at the tunnel
          entrance.

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 5, 2002
            Unnamed Administration sources reported that Albert LaFrance said:

            > Interesting that they have a pop-up vehicle barrier right at the tunnel
            > entrance.

            Yes, it looks to be a Delta barriers. Deltas stand up to large,
            fast vehicles (i.e. lots of 0.5mv^2) quite well.

            Note the sharp corner beforehand. If you limit the v, and thus
            v^2; you can handle even larger m's easily. The SOP is to have
            a choke point/slalom or sharp curve upstream.

          • siriusss@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 5, 2002
              In a message dated 3/5/2002 4:14:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
              albertjlafrance@... writes:

              > I think you're right - that does
              > look like, um, Mount Thunder :)

              Mount Thunder? I thought that was from a book of fiction Seven Days in May.
              did you ever see this site?

              http://www.thule.org/weather.html

            • Goldsmith, Tim
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 6, 2002
                I would have to agree that it is Mount Weather.
                I have a copy of a news videotape (from another network) from the 80's of
                helicopter aerials of the Mount Weather complex. The tape is 20 minutes long
                and detailed and includes all the structures on the summit as well as most
                of the tunnel portals and access road shot with a zoom lens. I have no idea
                how they got permission to shoot the video.

                The shed structure on the right wasn't there on the old tape as I recall but
                I could look at it again and give you an authoritative answer.

                Tim Goldsmith

                Message: 5

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 6, 2002
                    Remember the picture of the Mt. Weather portal in Ted Gup's TIME magazine
                    article? I would say it is definitely Mt. Weather inthe NYP pic.
                    My personal feeling is that the WP article is somewhat of a disinformation
                    piece in the descriptions of outdated computer gear, etc. I cannot imagine
                    FEMA slipping too far behind the curve...but then again...it IS FEMA.
                    It is pretty clear that the evacuation was a JEEP implementation. And it
                    is common knowledge that the Alernate Comand Post WAS officcally activated
                    on 9/11.
                    Mark Springer
                    WL7BCT
                  • CLDWARHIST@AOL.COM
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 6, 2002
                      In a message dated 3/6/2002 6:33:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                      siriusss@... writes:

                      > http://www.thule.org/weather.html

                      96 relocation shelters? I've sene that number before I think, but whats it
                      based on? Also does this include certain cylindrical shaped buildings at LK
                      and DC, or what?
                      AT&T?

                      GEorge

                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 6, 2002
                        That's right, it was really Mt. Weather I was referring to. The authors of
                        Seven Days in May must have had some pretty good inside sources, since when
                        that book was published (1962), Mt. Weather was much more secret than it is
                        today.

                        And thanks for the posting reference to the Mt. Weather article. It clearly
                        shows that reasonably accurate reports of a "shadow government" have been
                        around for a while.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 7, 2002
                          With you in the group, FoxNews missed the scoop on the undisclosed
                          locations?! For shame Tim!

                          ;-)

                          >I would have to agree that it is Mount Weather.
                          >I have a copy of a news videotape (from another network) from the 80's

                          >Tim Goldsmith

                        • Goldsmith, Tim
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 11, 2002
                            Well, I had good guesses on the locations and I believe elements here "knew"
                            which ones they were but the media has been playing ball and not naming the
                            locations. A friend has folks who live out near Berryville said they saw a
                            lot of chopper activity out their way.

                            The rules I guess are different now.

                            Tim

                            Message: 17

                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 11, 2002
                              Tim-
                              Was it just an unwritten rule not to talk about such things, or were
                              you asked explicitly by the gov.? Just curious . . . I look back on the
                              "Casper" incident, and think about how the congressional officials did not
                              ask Ted Gup to hold back his story. . .

                              Rick