Re: [coldwarcomms] CoG interview

  • Rick C.
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
      Anybody catch (or watch the repeats later) the News with Brian Williams and
      its first story on MSNBC/CNBC tonight? They had footage of government
      officials on Sept. 11 going into an underground bunker. The entrance was a
      simple, maybe 10 x 10 brick single story building, that appeared to be
      rather by itself in an open area. Any clues to where they were?
      Also, they mentioned a military command center in West Virginia, that was
      no longer used. I am guessing they meant the Greenbriar (the pictures
      looked similar) - but could it be something else?

      Rick

    • ewilson1234
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
        cnn.com has an article about the interview. They did mentiont the two
        bunkers and also the one under the Whitehouse. They also made a
        mention of the FEMA CoG tie in and had a link to FAS with some FEMA
        into.

        Oddly, the FEMA info/link is no longer in the article...
      • go2theglow
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 2, 2002
          Yup, I caught that,. Also Friday morning Good Morning America
          intervied the Washington Post reported who "broke" the story and he
          eluded that he knew where the location of the bunkers were. He more
          or less said that the Washington Post had agreeded not to disclose
          the undisclosed location :) It makes you wonder how secret a location
          in can be if camera crew can photo. One of the army people was
          looking right in the camera. My guess is that this was file footage.

          Joel

          --- In coldwarcomms@y..., "Rick C." <rickchem@h...> wrote:
          > Anybody catch (or watch the repeats later) the News with Brian
          Williams and
          > its first story on MSNBC/CNBC tonight? They had footage of
          government
          > officials on Sept. 11 going into an underground bunker. The
          entrance was a
          > simple, maybe 10 x 10 brick single story building, that appeared to
          be
          > rather by itself in an open area. Any clues to where they were?
          <snip>
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 27, 2002