Re: [coldwarcomms] CoG interview

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
      ABC World News Tonight reports that VP Cheney's "undisclosed location" is
      not one of the two "shadow government" locations; the VP site was described
      as being plusher and having better communications.

      Albert
    • Rick C.
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
        Anybody catch (or watch the repeats later) the News with Brian Williams and
        its first story on MSNBC/CNBC tonight? They had footage of government
        officials on Sept. 11 going into an underground bunker. The entrance was a
        simple, maybe 10 x 10 brick single story building, that appeared to be
        rather by itself in an open area. Any clues to where they were?
        Also, they mentioned a military command center in West Virginia, that was
        no longer used. I am guessing they meant the Greenbriar (the pictures
        looked similar) - but could it be something else?

        Rick

      • ewilson1234
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
          cnn.com has an article about the interview. They did mentiont the two
          bunkers and also the one under the Whitehouse. They also made a
          mention of the FEMA CoG tie in and had a link to FAS with some FEMA
          into.

          Oddly, the FEMA info/link is no longer in the article...
        • go2theglow
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 2, 2002
            Yup, I caught that,. Also Friday morning Good Morning America
            intervied the Washington Post reported who "broke" the story and he
            eluded that he knew where the location of the bunkers were. He more
            or less said that the Washington Post had agreeded not to disclose
            the undisclosed location :) It makes you wonder how secret a location
            in can be if camera crew can photo. One of the army people was
            looking right in the camera. My guess is that this was file footage.

            Joel

            --- In coldwarcomms@y..., "Rick C." <rickchem@h...> wrote:
            > Anybody catch (or watch the repeats later) the News with Brian
            Williams and
            > its first story on MSNBC/CNBC tonight? They had footage of
            government
            > officials on Sept. 11 going into an underground bunker. The
            entrance was a
            > simple, maybe 10 x 10 brick single story building, that appeared to
            be
            > rather by itself in an open area. Any clues to where they were?
            <snip>
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 27, 2002