Wolf Summit & Mt. Storm

    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 22, 2014
      From Gallipolis OH we came east across Rt. 50. We passed Wolf Summit and
      Mt. Storm.

      Wolf Summit is a microwave & coax site. It's still owned by AT&T, fiber has
      been overlaid atop the original L3. It has four KS676 horns and an added
      drum. Signage is almost nonexistent; but AT&T's name is visible. I finally
      found the ARS# on the fence facing away from the road. It's a big building
      & in use; the HVAC cycles, and there's an AT&T 4WD truck parked in the
      driveway. Wonder how being above ground fits with L3I allegedly being hardened.

      Mt. Storm was built as a L3 site, on the route that also passes through Oak
      Hill. It's alongside Rt. 50. The previously mentioned fiber passes through
      the site, but we could not tell if it enters the underground. The 3-phase
      power feed is up; but the facility appears to be drawing 41 watts, total....

      {BTW, there's no fiber visible near Oak Hill. Wonder where it diverges.}

      Both locations have some new flavor card reader on access doors.
    • Ed Crouse
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 16, 2014
        Thanks Ed