CJCS CONFERENCING SYSTEMS

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 28, 2013
      A 2012 CJCS instruction lists these, snippet below:

      "1. Worldwide Secure Voice Conferencing System (WWSVCS)
      . WWSVCS is a
      secure voice communications system providing the Chairman of the Joint
      Chiefs of Staff with the capability to confer rapidly, in a secure mode, with the
      command centers of the combatant commands. The WWSVCS is a secure
      telephone system composed of secure digital switches and associated secure
      telephone instruments and consoles. It employs the DRSN to connect the
      NMCC and its alternate locations with the command centers of the combatant
      commands and other approved subscribers.

      2. Enhanced Pentagon Capability (EPC)
      . EPC is a secure voice communications
      system providing the Chairman with the capability to confer rapidly with key
      command centers and contingency sites via satellite communication or terrestrial
      fiber links. The EPC network provides high-altitude electromagnetic pulse
      (HEMP)-protected paths that are multi-routed for a limited subset of critical senior
      government officials and Combatant Commanders.

      3. Survivable Emergency Conferencing Network (SECN)
      . SECN provides a HEMP-
      survivable voice conferencing system and will be used as the primary circuit if the
      EPC fixed Command Centers are incapable of continuing operations. SECN uses
      the Milstar communications transport, which provides a robust, survivable, and
      flexible satellite-linked communications system to an expanded set of critical
      senior government officials and Combatant Commanders.

      4. CJCS Alerting Network (CJCSAN)
      . CJCSAN is a non-secure voice
      communications system providing the CJCS with the capability to confer rapidly
      with combatant command (COCOM) command centers. It is a worldwide
      telephone-alerting network that connects the NMCC and its alternate locations
      with COCOM command centers. The system includes switching equipment and
      dedicated interconnecting circuits that provide the NMCC or its designated
      alternate with the capability to convene near-instantaneous conferences with
      high-quality voice connectivity

      5. Digital Remotely Programmable Conference Arranger (DRPCA)
      . DRPCA
      provides quick, non-secure conferencing to selected users, including the NMCC,
      NMCC-Site R, NAOC, the nuclear combatant command/operations centers, and
      their alternates in order to originate conferences using the DSN. DRPCA is an
      independent conferencing system that also serves as a backup capability for
      CJCSAN. "

      We know #1 existed since the 1960's as such; and that #4 existed from the 1960's as JCSAN originally.

      Did # 2, 3 & 5 exist during the latter Cold War years ? and if so, under another acronym?
    • coloradoredlands
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 28, 2013
        Is there a link available to the entire instruction?

        Chris
        Colorado

        In a message dated 12/28/2013 19:02:41 Coordinated Universal Time, ozob99@... writes:
[...]

        CJCSAN. &qu ot;

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 28, 2013
        • coloradoredlands
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 28, 2013
            Thanks,

            Chris

            In a message dated 12/28/2013 22:26:19 Coordinated Universal Time, ozob99@... writes:

            http://www.dtic.mil/cjcs_directives/cdata/unlimit/3420_01.pdf

          • ucfargis1
            Message 6 of 9 , Jul 9, 2014
              I have a pix of a real DRPCA. How does one post it?

              Message 7 of 9 , Jul 9, 2014
                On 7/9/14 10:05 AM, lackey91@... [coldwarcomms] wrote:
                > I have a pix of a real DRPCA. How does one post it?

                You can log onto the yahoo coldwarcomms group and look for an appropriate
                place. Then post a note.
              • charlie Fargis
                Message 8 of 9 , Jul 13, 2014
                  did it post correctly?