ALERT! Region 3 MD DE VA DC build up.

  • opscom911
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 25, 2013

      Anyone live in Region 3 and has seen the military / LE buid up there? Why Region 3??

      What is going on in the states around MD DE and DC??

      R~

    • Jim Browne

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 25, 2013

          I work in a 950 MW plant for GE. We work on a daily basis with PJM, ConEd, FERC and NERC, and we have been told nothing about this drill.

          Why would FEMA be involved with a drill like this?

          This does not make any sense. Who has seen first hand this military build up?  If this is just an exercise, then why all the COMMUNICATIONS equipment and military hardware?

          Seems a little strange considering the Secrefary of DHS resigned on September 6th.

          ---In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, <coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Big terror / grid down drill.

          Considering how many recent real events have coincided with drills, I might make sure you have an extra can of spaghetti-o's just in case...  ;-)

          On Oct 25, 2013 11:43 AM, <boardwalkone@...> wrote:

          Anyone live in Region 3 and has seen the military / LE buid up there? Why Region 3??

          What is going on in the states around MD DE and DC??

          R~

        • james kester

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 25, 2013
              I'll try to find some other sources, but this is one example of the many stories I've seen over the last few months about a convergence of Federal resources for Fema Region III for October and November:

              http://www.thesleuthjournal.com/fema-preparing-major-event-region-iii/#

              The grid-down drills scheduled for mid-Nov:

              http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/17/us/as-worries-over-the-power-grid-rise-a-drill-will-simulate-a-knockout-blow.html?_r=2&

              More details, straight from NERC:

              There's more out there if you look.  Definitely a convergence of resources and attention on Region III this fall.

              --
              Jim Browne
            • Michael W. Scheel
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 25, 2013
                Several years ago there was a build up at the Cattle Congress grounds in Waterloo IA. It was annouced as a drill site. It turned out be support for Immgration raid on a meatpacking plant in Northeastern Iowa.

                Michael W. Scheel K0QCS - KPC0QCS Davenport, Iowa USA

                From: Jim Browne <jamesm.browne@...>
                Sender: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 12:36:38 -0400
                To: <coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com>
                ReplyTo: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: Re: Re: [coldwarcomms] ALERT! Region 3 MD DE VA DC build up.

                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 25, 2013

                  Certainly some very good and interesting points. All noteworthy:

                  Q. Has any civilians in Region 3 been asked to participate?

                  That would be the only reason for all the MRE's and water.

                  When we see the military type equipment being deployed and staged, the MRE's, antibiotics, training activities, Coast Guard, reserve AT relocation, regular troop restrictions, water ration pouches, I would not be surprized to see some very upset people take to the streets in a very real panic only because they had not completely understood the intensity and depth involved with such a drill.

                  Imagine waking up on November 13th and seeing all of this on your street.

                  Consider such a response from the public, in a panic, some armed.  Now there would be a good time to see how the government would raelly act if this "DRILL" does not go as planned. The fed does kind of ok,  as long as everything goes as planned, to some degree.

                  Still looking for someone in Region 3, with boots on the ground.

                  R~

                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 25, 2013

                          This thing looks to be so big the government will be overwhelmed and never tell anyone if it fails miserably.

                          You can expect,

                          "The drill went as planned, everything was perfect, the responce was on the money

                          and we are completely satisfied with the results."

                           It will be a stunning success, regardless of the results.

                          Get you cellphone cameras out boys, sure going to be interesting.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 25, 2013

                            What has always disturbed me was the way FEMA always makes after-action reports (the ones with actual content, not the redacted PR nonsense) practically unavailable.

                            Thus we are condemned to repeat the same mistakes…  If they are paid for with public funds, they should be made public!  AARs for real-world contingencies should also be made available IMHO.

                            john

                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 25, 2013

                              This is all tin-foil hat hoo-ha.

                              Nothing to this at all beyond a YouTube video and memo allegedy received by a former South Dakota State Senator with a paranoid theme.

                              We would know, where I work.

                              http://www.snopes.com/politics/conspiracy/fema3.asp