water soluble electronics...why not just wait for oxidation?

  • radioman390
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2013
      From a list of DARPA projects underway:

      6. Devices with a disappearing act
      For military technology, the emphasis is often on ruggedness and durability, but what happens when that equipment is captured or left behind? DARPA’s Vanishing Programmable Resources project is working on the “Mission: Impossible” fix: crafting mil-spec electronics that are also “capable of dissolving into the environment around them.” Water-soluble electronics have been possible for some time; the goal now is to trigger their destruction in other environmental conditions and by remote signal.

    • Facility 406 DM09
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29, 2013
        "why not just wait for oxidation?"

        Because I have electrical/"electronic" devices from the late 1880's that are
        as good as new?

        Kurt