Re: [coldwarcomms] RE: RE: Moving the Indianapolis CO

  • John Young
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 18, 2013
      An interesting topic, file size. We list file size above 1MB due to
      widely varying costs of service around the world, with few as
      cheap as the US, and most much more expensive unless
      paid for by Democracy-spreading arms sharing doles.

      Then there is the head-messing with bots which siphon
      everything daily, sometimes hourly over and over, the big
      thieving ISPs seemingly in China or Ukraine most common
      (or thieves pretending to be always suspected CN and UA).

      For those roaming monsters we put up a few hidden files
      several TBs in size composed of junk 0s and 1s. Still the
      mothers of all suckers suck and gobble voraciously so much
      that a Lockheed-Martin simpleton warning-algorithm might
      suspect a sustained attack, clang a national security threat,
      launch a CI-budget extort by Tomahawk never miss K Street.

      This is unclassified, with voracious classified annex.

      At 08:54 AM 9/18/2013, you wrote:

       I can relate to your concern, having lived with dial up & DSL in the past; I have a  50+MB connection so most doc's up to 15MB appear in a few seconds(if server is fast) &  I don't  notice size; plus most search hits don't include size in header. So if I see a big file I'll try & note it, but don't count on it.

      Your progress bar or browser d/l window should indicate a large file from the start.

      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, <coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Can you do an important favor - I like many of your links (you do great searching on the internet), but could you also post the size of the document?  I hesitate to follow many of these as I don't like the surprise of suddenly downloading a 15 MByte document, let alone something larger.  Thanks

      Kevin Anderson, Dubuque, Iowa

      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, <coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      OT but quite an achievement in the day...don't spill the battery acid.

      http://ia600304.us.archive.org/33/items/belltelephonemag10amerrich/belltelephonemag10amerrich.pdf

      Jan 1931  p17