Re: Line Markers - Waldorf/Faulkner + cedarville

  • Rick C.
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 26, 2001
      As far as I can tell, the route from waldorf to dranesville proceeds
      roughly northwest from Waldorf, crossing 301 near the AT&T site, heading a
      half a mile up 301, then going NW toward Dranesville. A line also goes north
      on 301 from the same site a few miles, then cuts across and head NW in the
      vicinity of Home Depot (Washington/Arlington?). A third line heads east,
      then presumably south towards Faulkner, rejoining the old route. Apologies
      if this is all old stuff. . .
      The marker in White Plains is strange Albert- I didn't think the old
      Richmond - washington line came that close to 301. I'm tracing all the
      routes in the area, and just noticed this. More investigation will follow.
      In the meantime, I found just the other day that the newer AT&T fiber off
      Cedarville road actually heads NORTH from the road, not south as I had
      thought. ROW mowing was done in the last few weeks, and the south path was
      still overgrown. What I thought was a marker to the south was I guess some
      trash or maybe a tree that fooled my eyes! The markers are number labeled
      in .10 mile increments, and the one just before the northern turn is labeled
      220 - so I suppose it terminates a 22 mile radius from that point, which
      rules out Globecom (Brandywine). . .

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2002
        I've posted photos of a repeater hut and route markers for what I *think* is
        the Dranesville-Faulkner coax route, which probably became
        Dranesville-Waldorf-Faulkner when it was converted to fiber:

        http://www19.addr.com/~longline/places-routes/DranesvilleVA-FaulknerMD-cable/i

        ndex.html