Re: [coldwarcomms] Project Office Conspiracies

  • Mike Doughney
    Message 1 of 30 , Sep 8, 2013
      Not clear what was going on at that time... road was clearly plowed of snow, but my visit was on a Saturday outside usual business hours. I do remember an entry turnstile with a sign reading "Face camera for identity check."

      Use Google Earth historical imagery to view how the facility changed over the years - what looks like construction activity around 9/2005, with the site looking completely dormant in the 90's.

      On 9/8/2013 03:15, Mike Walker wrote:

      "Back in 1987 there was no pop-up barrier, one could drive all the way down to the other side of the facility and see the second drive-through door"

      So, is that to say the facility around this point in time appeared not to really be in use?

      On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 3:08 AM, Mike Doughney <mike@...> wrote:

      Back in 1987 there was no pop-up barrier, one could drive all the way down to the other side of the facility and see the second drive-through door. There was a small AT&T deathstar sign at the base of the access road but no other gate or barrier along its entire length. Photos: http://www.boxoprints.com/hagerstown2

      On 9/7/2013 21:25, Tim wrote:

      Circa the late 1990s, one with enough intestinal fortitude or stupidity could ignore countless N-T signage (with increasingly harsh levels of verbiage) and drive right up
      to the top of that site near Hagerstown, and only once at the top of the road were there noticeable CCTVs and the heavy physical security.   My friend who
      did this nervously sat up there for a couple minutes looking around & possibly taking photos, but never got real close to the (raised) hydraulic anti-crash barrier or
      inner security fence gate, which some CCTV were clearly focused on.