Elkton MD

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2013
      From post # 9832:

      "A while back, a few list members noted that Elkton, MD was once listed on
      route maps as being (or at least appearing as such) a junction point for a
      number of coaxial and K-carrier routes; no building, other than a Bell CO,
      has been found. For reference, see:
      http://www.telebeans.org/telco/cable_routes/ATT/coax/Wilmington_DE-Baltimore_2/

      However, a recent article in the Cecil County paper leads me to believe that
      a three story brick building in the town *across* from the current "hut":
      http://www.telebeans.org/telco/cable_routes/ATT/lightguide/WFTS/WFT6S/WFT6S.jpg
      at High and Bridge Streets was the AT&T facility. The article describes the
      "AT&T building" as being built in the 30's, and sold in 1980 to a local
      bank, its current function, now to be converted to offices; it is not
      available online. The sell date of 1980 would concur with later maps that
      have elkton bypassed and not a junction point.

      I'll try to get a picture next time in the area."

      Here is the article cited with a photo:

      http://cecilcounty.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/serving-the-long-distance-line-in-elkton/