Re: [coldwarcomms] Kansas Atlas redevelopment article

  • John Scoggin
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 23, 2013
      Well, it has a home theatre - guess that is so we can strap ourselves
      into our easy chair and watch Dr Strangelove while the bombs go off.
      Hope he remembered the Faraday Cage for all those fancy electronics.
      <sarcasm off>

      john

      On 8/22/2013 10:47 PM, Tim wrote:

      > Looks like someone actually *did* re-develop an old ICBM site
      > (Schilling AFB's 550th Strategic Missile Squadron Site #11, Glasco Kansas)
      > into doomsday survival condos:
      >
      > http://www.commercialintegrator.com/article/inside_a_doomsday_survival_luxury_condo
      >
      > http://goo.gl/maps/aK6Bz
      >
      > On a related note, there's been traffic here in the past about Robert
      > Vivos & his
      > Terra Vivos project, which seems to be vaporware. Specifically, his
      > grandiose plans
      > for the old AT&T L3I hardened site near Baker California, which his
      > numerous
      > marketing efforts only referred to as a bunker near Mojave.
      >
      > Better late than never, but 6 months ago while passing by on I-15, I
      > made a quick
      > stop at the old AT&T site/Terra Vivos planned catastrophe condo club off
      > of the Rasor Rd
      > exit & saw that it was once again listed for sale, per a sign on the
      > gate, with zero evidence on
      > the surface of any renovation or other improvements since my first visit
      > in April 2011, and
      > I finally uploaded the two photos I took last February onto my Flickr
      > page for the site:
      >
      > http://www.flickr.com/photos/coldwararchaeology/sets/72157626486918624/
      >
      > Tim

    • Mike Cowen
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 23, 2013
        Pretty sure the original design included adequate
        EMP protection for these toys.

        As to the choice of entertainment... "You can't
        fight in here! This is the War Room!".

        Mike

        At 01:10 PM 8/23/2013, you wrote:

        >Well, it has a home theatre - guess that is so we can strap ourselves
        >into our easy chair and watch Dr Strangelove while the bombs go off.
        >Hope he remembered the Faraday Cage for all those fancy electronics.
        ><sarcasm off>
        >
        >john
        >
        >On 8/22/2013 10:47 PM, Tim wrote:
        > >
        > > Looks like someone actually *did* re-develop an old ICBM site
        > > (Schilling AFB's 550th Strategic Missile Squadron Site #11, Glasco Kansas)
        > > into doomsday survival condos:
        > >

        > <http://www.commercialintegrator.com/article/inside_a_doomsday_survival_luxury_condo>http://www.commercialintegrator.com/article/inside_a_doomsday_survival_luxury_condo
        > >
        > > http://goo.gl/maps/aK6Bz
        > >
        > > On a related note, there's been traffic here in the past about Robert
        > > Vivos & his
        > > Terra Vivos project, which seems to be vaporware. Specifically, his
        > > grandiose plans
        > > for the old AT&T L3I hardened site near Baker California, which his
        > > numerous
        > > marketing efforts only referred to as a bunker near Mojave.
        > >
        > > Better late than never, but 6 months ago while passing by on I-15, I
        > > made a quick
        > > stop at the old AT&T site/Terra Vivos planned catastrophe condo club off
        > > of the Rasor Rd
        > > exit & saw that it was once again listed for sale, per a sign on the
        > > gate, with zero evidence on
        > > the surface of any renovation or other improvements since my first visit
        > > in April 2011, and
        > > I finally uploaded the two photos I took last February onto my Flickr
        > > page for the site:
        > >

        > <http://www.flickr.com/photos/coldwararchaeology/sets/72157626486918624/>http://www.flickr.com/photos/coldwararchaeology/sets/72157626486918624/
        > >
        > > Tim

      • Walt - WB2VSJ
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 23, 2013
          "It was an approximately $1 million project for Logic Integration, including
          Crestron Digital Media distribution with in-unit iPad integration."

          Darn - well, that leaves me out. I'm an Android guy..

          Walt

          At 01:10 PM 8/23/2013, you wrote:

          >Well, it has a home theatre - guess that is so we can strap ourselves
          >into our easy chair and watch Dr Strangelove while the bombs go off.
          >Hope he remembered the Faraday Cage for all those fancy electronics.
          ><sarcasm off>
          >
          >john
          >
          >On 8/22/2013 10:47 PM, Tim wrote:
          > >
          > > Looks like someone actually *did* re-develop an old ICBM site
          > > (Schilling AFB's 550th Strategic Missile Squadron Site #11, Glasco
          Kansas)
          > > into doomsday survival condos:

          <http://www.commercialintegrator.com/article/inside_a_doomsday_survival_luxu
          ry_condo>http://www.commercialintegrator.com/article/inside_a_doomsday_survi
          val_luxury_condo

          > > http://goo.gl/maps/aK6Bz
          > >
          > > On a related note, there's been traffic here in the past about Robert
          > > Vivos & his
          > > Terra Vivos project, which seems to be vaporware. Specifically, his
          > > grandiose plans
          > > for the old AT&T L3I hardened site near Baker California, which his
          > > numerous
          > > marketing efforts only referred to as a bunker near Mojave.
          > >
          > > Better late than never, but 6 months ago while passing by on I-15, I
          > > made a quick
          > > stop at the old AT&T site/Terra Vivos planned catastrophe condo club off
          > > of the Rasor Rd
          > > exit & saw that it was once again listed for sale, per a sign on the
          > > gate, with zero evidence on
          > > the surface of any renovation or other improvements since my first visit
          > > in April 2011, and
          > > I finally uploaded the two photos I took last February onto my Flickr
          > > page for the site:

          <http://www.flickr.com/photos/coldwararchaeology/sets/72157626486918624/>htt
          p://www.flickr.com/photos/coldwararchaeology/sets/72157626486918624/

          > > Tim

          and selfless acts of beauty.
          mcowen@... <mailto:mcowen%40mindspring.com> -Anonymous

        • wftroskey
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 24, 2013
            Maybe for that price, the iPad is included......

            Bill