Greenfield, RI

  • Mark Foster
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 1999
      Looking for information on the following facility (see below). This is from an
      article that appeared in the 2/99 Hartford Courant. I have not located a place
      called "Greenfield". I doubt that they are confused with Greenhill which I am
      familiar with.

      "The Germantown facility is one of three underground storehouses owned and
      operated by the Iron Mountain Records Management Co., a global corporation.
      The others are a 15-acre limestone cave in nearby Rosendale, N.Y., and the
      former federal bomb shelter bunker complex in Greenfield, R.I. Now used to
      store
      computer records, the Rhode Island site can withstand a direct hit by a
      5-megaton nuclear bomb.

      Any help would be appreciated.
    • Mark Foster
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 1999
        An Internet search indicates an Iron Mountain storage facility on 44 Snake
        Hill Road in Gloucester, RI at the Greenville, RI line. The Terraserver image.

        http://terraserver.microsoft.com/GetTilesByXY.asp?XId=9887&YId=3865&TileX=1&
        TileY=7&SrcId=1&ImgDate=03/29/1995&DSize=2

        Indicates no useful information that I can see.