Re: [coldwarcomms] Re: Military Television

  • couryhousesmecc
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2013
      I have a camera like the one in this cover shot. I just need the
      lens turret for it in case someone finds one.

      http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-RCA-Broadcast-News/RCA-101.pdf

      Thanks - Ed Sharpe Archivist for SMECC _www.smecc.org_
      (http://www.smecc.org)

      In a message dated 7/19/2013 7:52:35 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
      ozob99@... writes:

      More on the 1958 SAC CCTV:

      http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-RCA-Broadcast-News/RCA-101.pdf

      p12

      --- In _coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com_
      (mailto:coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com) , "OZOB99" <ozob99@...> wrote:

      > I found a reference(NORAD/CONAD history) to a 1958 CCTV trial between
      Norfolk Va and Cape Charles VA; known as "AADCP-ADDC TELEVISION LINK", which
      was proposed for San Pedro Hill CA. No other detail so far; the Cape
      Charles site would have been the SAGE AFS, and in Norfolk most likely the NIKE
      CP/BIRDIE site at the Hampton Roads Army Terminal; that site may have had LOS
      to Cape Charles, or it may have had a repeater at Ft Story.

      > --- In _coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com_
      (mailto:coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com) , "OZOB99" <ozob99@> wrote:

      > > This 1962 conference report provides insight into how the military was
      using CCTV then, including a SAC color CCTV network dating from 1958.

      > > http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/405785.pdf
      > >

      > > This 1994 thesis covers high end video teleconferencing for DOD; I'd
      assume some or most of this was used in the closing years of the Cold War: