Long Lines Retirees Group Invite

  • Roy Juch
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6 5:41 AM
      I have sent you an invitation to join our Long Lines Retiree
      Group. I've also notified the same group of your Central Office web page.

      Roy Juch
      Group Moderator

      At 10:32 PM 7/5/2013, you wrote:

      >It has been a few years, but trying to get back into the phone scene.
      >
      >Does anyone have the list of the Class 4, Class 3 and Class 2
      >offices that were operated just prior to the divestiture as part of
      >the Direct Distance Dialing network. I have a list of the 4ESS that
      >were installed and that basically sums up the majority of the Class
      >4 locations. Any help would be appreciated.
      >
      >Jon
      >www.thecentraloffice.com

    • charlie Fargis
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6 6:44 AM
        No 4 ESS was placed everywhere from Class 1 to Class 4 not just class 4.

        EG WhitePlains 4A was replaced with 4E ditto Wayne, St. Louis, Atlanta(for Rockdale)

        This will jumpstart you over
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSTN_network_topology

        To: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 17 11:27 AM
          Jon - Enjoyed the Central office site... you are missing Glendale AZ.
          will try to get you a photo of the downtown CO... ( keep me reminded
          if necessary...

          ok on to calif...

          Also there were CO's in Palos Verdes (GTE)

          side issue - -does anyone have photos of the old facility on crest road?

          Keep up the good work!

          Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)