Re: GEPs

    Message 1 of 37 , Jun 27 8:32 AM
      I can't speak to the Hillsboro arrangement but generically the UHF MUX channels were same as an intercity LMX channel,with SF signalling used for an off/on hook, thereby drawing dial tone from whatever switch it was connected to, either at the GEP or extended to any location, & then MF dialing(there may have been SF dial pulse used in the early days); and some channels were SF ring down; even hoot & hollar, I have heard Zenith(USS WRIGHT)on the NEACP leg from Andrews calling: "Silver Dollar, this is Zenith".

      Message 37 of 37 , Jun 30 3:05 AM
        On 6/28/13 7:24 AM, Abe G wrote:

        Aside:

        > The system design document for these services is proprietary, and is
        > owned and maintained by AT&T. The only contractors with access rights to
        > perform maintenance and upgrades to the GEP equipment are AT&T
        > personnel.......

        A classic example of how we have $600 hammers & other sweetheart deals. Per
        a friend who negotiated and oversaw many similar USG contracts: if
        well-written, the contract would have specified that all the intellectual
        property developed/paid for by USG would end up USG property.

        He talked about having such language in there, the revision he'd get back
        would strike it out, he'd put it back in, etc....