Wonder what frequencies they'll use?

  • radioman390
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 19, 2013
      All these unmanned craft flying around scares me; how will they avoid airliners with people aboard?

      http://www.spacewar.com/reports/NASA_Tests_Radio_for_Unmanned_Aircraft_Operations_999.html

    • Facility 406 DM09
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19, 2013
        "All these unmanned craft flying around scares me; how will they avoid
        airliners with people aboard?"

        What amazes me is the sudden hype. I've watched them over SoCal and in
        Nevada, over large metropolital areas, even heard controllers and traffic
        control mention them since '96. In fact, my friend Peter and I were checked
        out by ground security after we had been observed by a UAV that circled over
        us, we watched it, then "ejected its payload" (older model). Not often,
        only two to three times a year, but still, they've been there since day
        one... NOW people are freaking out...

        Kurt
        Message 4 of 4 , Jun 20, 2013
          On 6/19/13 4:54 PM, Radioman390@... wrote:
          > All these unmanned craft flying around scares me; how will they avoid airliners with people aboard?

          This scares me more:

          <http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/19/fbi-drones-domestic-surveillance>

          The FBI has admitted it sometimes uses aerial surveillance drones over US
          soil, and suggested further political debate and legislation to govern
          their domestic use may be necessary.

          Speaking in a hearing mainly about telephone data collection, the bureau's
          director, Robert Mueller, said it used drones to aid its investigations in
          a "very, very minimal way, very seldom".

          However, the potential for growing drone use either in the US, or involving
          US citizens abroad, is an increasingly charged issue in Congress, and the
          FBI acknowleged there may need to be legal restrictions placed on their use
          to protect privacy.