Re: Ennis, Texas former TD/Autovon/Cable site

  • wed76
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 18, 2013
      Ennis is now used and managed by AT&T Network Operations. Most of the Texas Echo-Fox/Autovon sites have been converted for their use well.

      It appears that you and Google's plane were there at about the same time... Search 32.310744, -96.594112. The site has been expanded quite a bit as of late. Street View still has the tower visible though.

      I don't know why the tower was removed, but at other AT&T NO locations they have been scrapped because of:

      1) maintenance expense
      2) danger of collapse
      3) in order lower the public profile of the building
      4) to prevent scrappers from trespassing.

      My recollection is similar: they used to be huffy, then they stopped caring when the facility was little used (see Brad's photos at http://long-lines.net/places-routes/EnnisTX/index.html). However, they probably don't lightly suffer looky-loos at the moment.

      Inside photos circa 2006 at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ashleyandcompany/sets/72157619693850117/