Re: Central Va Army Microwave Repeaters

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 18, 2013
      Apparently nobody in the list, including me,remembered a post(#631, which see)13 years ago describing this route, which includes Unionville & Warrenton north of Mineral/Bumpass; so the questions remaining are the Warrenton-Pentagon route(direct shot unlikely);Purcellville has been mentioned.

      Fort Pickett was likly the repeater site between Midlothian and Union Level.

      The Warrenton site was likely one of the WTC sites.

      With COMSEC still in mind, it's also likely that Camp Butner and Seymour Johnston AFB were repeaters between Union Level and Ft Bragg, with at least three other leased repeater sites in NC; so all the repeaters in NC are in question; also the RF & MUX gear used on this route.