RE: [coldwarcomms] Video featuring Norway, IL employees

  • Blake Bowers
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 17, 2013
      Shows private...

      _____

      From: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com [mailto:coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Tim
      Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 5:08 PM
      To: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [coldwarcomms] Video featuring Norway, IL employees

      The chronicle of era technology is fantastic, but it's too bad that
      mankind has apparently not yet achieved the ability to accompany the
      historical photo collage with more than one ^%$* song!!

      Here are the paltry few photos I took of the site's exterior back in
      Spring, 2002:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/coldwararchaeology/sets/72157625547709831/

      Even back then, it looked like the site was mothballed. I wonder
      what cool 'artifacts' remain within?

      Tim

      On 6/16/2013 12:00 PM, Mike Harpe wrote:

      > This looks like it was made for some kind of retirement party or other
      > special occasion. We get a pretty good look inside the Norway facility.
      >
      > http://youtu.be/k-QV2FguNps
      >
      > Mike Harpe

    • Tim
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 20, 2013
        On 6/17/2013 7:38 PM, Mike Cowen wrote:

        > Tim,
        >
        > Unable to access that -private- page. "I don't have permission." LOL

        Sorry, I don't know what the problem is. I just double-checked, and
        my AT&T Norway images are set for public viewing.

        If the direct URL doesn't work, you could go to the main page
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/coldwararchaeology/sets & then choose the
        AT&T Norway set.

        Tim

        > Mike
        >
        > At 03:08 PM 6/17/2013, you wrote:
        > >

        > >The chronicle of era technology is fantastic, but it's too bad that
        > >mankind has apparently not yet achieved the ability to accompany the
        > >historical photo collage with more than one ^%$* song!!
        > >
        > >Here are the paltry few photos I took of the site's exterior back in
        > >Spring, 2002:
        > >
        > ><http://www.flickr.com/photos/coldwararchaeology/sets/72157625547709831/>http://www.flickr.com/photos/coldwararchaeology/sets/72157625547709831/
        > >
        > >Even back then, it looked like the site was mothballed. I wonder
        > >what cool 'artifacts' remain within?
        > >
        > >Tim
        > >
        > >On 6/16/2013 12:00 PM, Mike Harpe wrote:
        > > >
        > > > This looks like it was made for some kind of retirement party or other
        > > > special occasion. We get a pretty good look inside the Norway
        > facility.
        > > >
        > > > <http://youtu.be/k-QV2FguNps>http://youtu.be/k-QV2FguNps
        > > >
        > > > Mike Harpe

      • Mike Cowen
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 20, 2013
          Oddly enough, both links work now. Thanks! Damned computers... :-)