Re: [coldwarcomms] Video Tour of Stanfield L4

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 37 , Jun 17 1:53 PM
      "50 megatons at 2 miles" -- I call BS!

      Also, perhaps it was poor editing on the part of the show, but the
      Nixon/Ford transition occured while the aircraft carrying Nixon aboard
      it, headed from Andrews AFB to California, was probably using the
      Fairview, Kansas MUX GEP -- certainly not Stanfield, which the show
      suggests Dex worked at for 24 years.

      All in all though, a great photo tour of the place.

      Tim

      Message 37 of 37 , Jun 30 3:05 AM
        On 6/28/13 7:24 AM, Abe G wrote:

        Aside:

        > The system design document for these services is proprietary, and is
        > owned and maintained by AT&T. The only contractors with access rights to
        > perform maintenance and upgrades to the GEP equipment are AT&T
        > personnel.......

        A classic example of how we have $600 hammers & other sweetheart deals. Per
        a friend who negotiated and oversaw many similar USG contracts: if
        well-written, the contract would have specified that all the intellectual
        property developed/paid for by USG would end up USG property.

        He talked about having such language in there, the revision he'd get back
        would strike it out, he'd put it back in, etc....