Re: [coldwarcomms] Sat transmitter lookup/database?

  • Pj
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7, 2013
      And there you have it

      Sent from my iPhone

    • rjfrank1@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2013
        >Where did Bozeman Mt.get its long distance pre fiber? Is there Coax nearby? AT&T
        >longlines? Other carrier?

        A good route map reference to start with would be AT&T Long Lines Routes, Montana, January 1971.
        Note the J-carrier/open-wire cable routes.
        http://long-lines.net/places-routes/maps/MT71.html

        >I found Qwest's Bozeman junction on the FCC license site, and the horn is up but
        >dormant downtown. Downtown feeds a reflector to the junction ten miles from
        >town, but I cant find the paths into the junction.

        Bozeman Main/WHR275 had a path to Three Forks/WIV52.
        Bozeman Main/KVH80 had a path to Bozeman Jct/KPS45 via Bozeman PR.

        Bozeman Jct/KOV49 had paths to Big Timber/KOV48 & Three Forks/KOV50.
        Bozeman Jct/KPS45 had a path to Livingston/KPS46(?). (Based on the 1971/1979 route maps)
        Note: Livingston/KPS46 currently has an active path to Deep Creek/KPY42 via Livingston PR.